Visit the best dentist for dental implant services in the Indianapolis, IN area at Washington Street Dentistry
While the teeth are meant to last a lifetime, certain conditions exist in which patients may lose a natural tooth or have one extracted. To maintain the appearance, health, and function of the smile, patients with tooth loss will need to visit with a dentist to determine the best solution for their needs. Indianapolis, IN area dentist, Dr. Matthew Church of Washington Street Dentistry, understands that choosing a tooth replacement option may seem like a daunting task. But with his guidance, many patients will find that dental implant services are the best way to restore the smile in various situations.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a dental restoration used by Dr. Matthew Church to replace one or more teeth. The implant itself is made of titanium. Titanium is also used in developing implants throughout the body and continues to be the metal of choice for many different areas of medicine. The implant is a small screw-like apparatus that the dentist puts into the jawbone during oral surgery where a tooth has been lost. The restoration chosen for the implant will vary depending on the needs of the patient. Below are the various ways in which a dental implant can be used:
- A dental implant can be placed where a tooth is missing and restored with a dental crown over the abutment to act as a single tooth replacement.
- A dental implant can be used on one or both sides of a space left behind to act as an anchor for a dental bridge, replacing one or more teeth in a row.
- A dental implant might be placed along with others throughout the dental arch to act as a foundation for a full denture, holding the denture tightly in place while maintaining natural bone structure underneath.
Why choose dental implants?
There are several advantages to using dental implants to replace missing teeth. Below are just a few of the benefits that patients consider when thinking about the use of dental implants for their smiles:
- Dental implants are a permanent option. With proper care, they can be maintained over the course of a lifetime, making them a smart investment in the smile for long-term repair.
- Dental implants are versatile. Dental implants are used in various ways to replace one, several, or all the teeth in the dental arch.
- Dental implants are biocompatible. Because implants are biocompatible with the body, they will not rust or fail. In fact, dental implants stimulate the growth of bone in the jaw to maintain a youthful appearance and avoid natural bone resorption that can occur with the use of other tooth replacement options.
- Dental implants are natural-looking. These restorations look and function just like your natural teeth once did.
- Dental implants can be financed. While more expensive than dentures or bridges, these restorations can be a quality solution to tooth loss. We accept most dental insurance plans and provide financing options to ensure patients on even the tightest of budgets can obtain implants if they desire.
Request an appointment at Washington Street Dentistry today
Indianapolis, IN area patients who are interested in learning more about the best dentist for implants are welcome to book a consultation visit with our team at Washington Street Dentistry. Dr. Matthew Church and his professional staff work directly with patients to help them achieve their oral health goals and desires. The office is conveniently located at 10935 East Washington Street and accepts new patients who call for appointments at (317) 333-6788.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Implants Page