Dentist in Indianapolis, IN offers dental implants for the replacement of a single missing tooth
When patients are missing teeth, they may be unaware of the choices available to them when it comes to replacing these teeth and restoring their smiles. Dr. Matthew Church of Indianapolis, IN is the lead dentist at Washington Street Dentistry and sees patients routinely who are seeking tooth restoration options. Teeth that are missing or extracted should be replaced as soon as possible to avoid the development of further issues within the smile, including spaced teeth and lost bone. Dr. Matthew Church urges patients to book an appointment and initial evaluation to learn about their options.
Understanding the dental implant
Patients who visit our dentist to discuss a replacement for a single tooth will often be advised to consider the benefits of the dental implant. A dental implant is a restoration that is sometimes called a tooth root replacement. These restorations are highly desirable because they have several amazing benefits. These titanium restorations look like small screws that are placed into the jawbone during oral surgery and restored over the top with crowns, bridges, or dentures. Dental implants have many benefits. The advantages of dental implants include:
- Longevity – many patients love the permanence that dental implants provide. With proper care, including routine appointments with the dentist and x-rays to monitor oral health, dental implants can last a lifetime. When patients are evaluated for placement, the structure of the bone is examined to ensure that the treatment will be successful.
- Value – while dental implants are one of the most expensive tooth replacement options, that does not mean that it doesn’t have amazing value. Because implants are known for lasting a lifetime, the upfront cost of dental implants is often well worth the investment. While more expensive than other treatments, this option comes with a lifetime of beautiful smiles, making it a smart choice for many!
- Strength – because a dental implant derives its strength from the bone of the jaw in which it is placed, it can provide unsurpassed stability that cannot be obtained with any other tooth replacement option available today. Implants are strong and extremely durable, functioning just as the natural teeth once did.
- Appearance – dental implants are restored in many ways, but when replacing a single tooth, a dental crown is placed over the abutment of the implant. This dental crown is fabricated specifically for the patient to ensure that it matches the existing teeth in color, shape, and size. Once placed, it is difficult to distinguish from the rest of the teeth, ensuring amazing integration into the smile. The appearance of dental implants is meant to look natural. Patients love that their dental implant does not look like a dental restoration.
- Permanency – since a dental implant is situated directly into the bone of the jaw, it is a permanent option. It does not have to be removed every day in the same way a partial denture does. It is kept in place and more permanent than any other option available for tooth replacement. Permanency is an advantage that many patients consider when they are thinking about using a dental implant to restore their smile.
CALL OUR OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATION
New Patients: (317) 333-6788
Existing Patients: (317) 890-4455
Is a dental implant right for me?
If you are interested in using a dental implant to replace a single tooth, it is best to book a consultation appointment with Dr. Matthew Church of Washington Street Dentistry for an evaluation. During this time, he can decide if the smile is best suited for a dental implant, often checking to see if there is enough bone of the jaw to ensure successful placement and maintenance over the years.
Enjoy restoration of your smile with dental implants
Dental implants are an incredibly popular option for patients seeking restoration of their smiles after tooth loss for a variety of reasons. We welcome patients in the area of Indianapolis, IN who are interested in implants to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Matthew Church and the rest of the team at Washington Street Dentistry. Our practice is here to help with general, cosmetic, and restorative care solutions. Call (317) 333-6788 today to book an appointment at our practice at 10935 East Washington Street.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Implants Page