Indianapolis patient asks, “Is there a sedation dentist near me?”
Whether you are in need of extensive dental treatment or simply experience anxiety and stress when visiting the dentist, there are many options today to help you to receive the necessary dental care without discomfort, worry, or pain.
At Washington Street Dentistry in Indianapolis, Dr. Matthew Church and our gentle professionals provide several solutions to ensure that our patients enjoy ultimate comfort, convenience, and clinical outcomes. They include:
- A friendly and welcoming environment with attentive and personalized treatment
- State-of-the-art office with advanced technologies and equipment
- Extended day and evening appointment
- Pain control and sedation dentistry, including:
- Topical anesthesia – gentle numbing of the area of the mouth or gums where dental work will be performed
- Local anesthetic – typically used as an injection, after topical anesthetic is applied, local anesthesia blocks the nerves that transmit discomfort and numbs the mouth tissues for a specific duration of time, based upon the dental procedure
- Oral sedation – a prescription medication that is taken in pill form prior to the dental appointment reduces anxiety and stress and promotes relaxation. Oral sedation helps patients overcome a sensitive gag reflex and enables them to keep their mouths open without discomfort. The mild-dose medication is usually taken about an hour before the procedure and wears off gradually afterward, therefore, the patient will need to have transportation to and from the appointment
- Nitrous oxide – although it was referred to in the past as “laughing gas”, nitrous oxide does not induce excessive behavior, but does cause the patient to feel a slight euphoria and pleasure while eliminating any sensation of discomfort. Nitrous oxide is mixed with oxygen, delivered through a small mask, and it begins to work in minutes. The effects of nitrous oxide are felt only while the patient is inhaling through the mask. Patients may drive and return to normal activities after the procedure
Washington Street Dentistry provides a complete range of advanced dental care for the whole family, including pediatric, family, cosmetic, preventive, reconstructive, periodontic, surgical, orthodontic, and emergency dentistry. We serve patients from Indianapolis, East Indianapolis, Anderson, Lawrence, New Palestine, Greenfield, Cumberland, and surrounding areas.
To find out how you and your loved ones can experience pain-free dental care, contact us at (317) 333-6788 today.
Share this Article
Back to Sedation Dentistry Page