Indianapolis residents can get a new smile with natural looking dentures!
Do you worry that you might need dentures? Many struggle with the realization that it might be time for dentures. However, you are not alone! A 2009 survey found that approximately 20 million women over the age of 40 have full or partial dentures. Research has also predicted a jump in people needing dentures. In 1991, 33.6 million American adults had dentures. In 2020, it’s projected that a total of 37.9 million people will require dentures. Washington Street Dentistry, located in Indianapolis, IN, wants our patients to have beautiful, confidence-inspiring smiles! That’s why we offer natural looking dentures.
What dentures are:
Missing teeth can cause a wide range of problems, from bone loss to malnutrition. Dentures are a solution to teeth replacement that addresses the health problems missing teeth cause, as well as giving a person a renewed sense of self-esteem and increased self-confidence. The appliances are crafted for each individual person’s specific mouth shape and modeled to resemble the patient’s natural teeth. Dentures are removable and contain an upper plate that replaces teeth and covers the upper palate or a lower plate that is shaped to accommodate the tongue.
Types of dentures we offer:
- Full dentures: This is the option if all teeth in an arch are to be replaced. We offer two kinds of full dentures. Conventional dentures are made after all the natural teeth are gone and the gums are healed up. These are ready for placement in the mouth about eight to twelve weeks post teeth removal. Immediate dentures are crafted prior to the removal of all the teeth. They’re placed directly after teeth are taken out. This allows patients the opportunity to avoid toothlessness and always have teeth. Immediate dentures require more fittings and adjustments to accommodate the healing process of the gums.
- Partial dentures: The replacement teeth are attached to a plastic base which can be connected by metal framework to hold the denture in place. A partial denture fills empty spaces in the mouth and prevents other teeth from moving out of place.
The denture-making process:
- First, a series of impressions of your jaw and the alignment of your jaws is taken. We also note carefully how much space is available for the denture.
- Wax or plastic models that resemble the dentures are made. The model is fitted many times and assessed for fit, shape, and color.
- A dental laboratory will create the final dentures. The denture is fitted, and adjustments will be made to ensure a secure fit and natural movement.
Why Washington Street Dentistry is the best place for you!
- Our comprehensive consultations: We always seek the best course of action for your dental problems, ones that fit your lifestyle, dental goals, budget, and our goal to give you lasting excellent oral health. This means we will not recommend a course of action without careful consideration. If we can save your teeth through conservative means, we will always take that route first. Preserving your natural teeth is our top goal.
- Extensive training: Our staff and dental laboratory strives to utilize the best techniques, equipment, and materials to ensure a natural looking and comfortably fitting denture for you.
- Our post-procedure care: We always work with patients who receive dentures to educate them on the best ways to care for the dentures to ensure that they last for many years. This includes scheduling appropriate follow-up appointments to continue to monitor the fit and comfort of the denture.
- Our commitment to care beyond the chair: We don’t believe patient care ends with the procedures. Our financial assistants are very competent in assisting patients in understanding their insurance benefits and submitting all insurance claims for them. We accept cash, checks, credit cards, CareCredit, and most insurance plans, including Medicaid. We utilize payment plans if necessary as well.