Oral surgery procedures such as tooth extraction are available in Indianapolis, IN
At Washington Street Dentistry, we know the idea of tooth extraction is scary. Unfortunately, there are times when patients may need to have a tooth removed from their smile through an oral surgery procedure. This is nothing to be worried about. Extractions are common, and when done by a trained professional, completely safe and effective.
Why have a tooth extracted?
There are several reasons a patient might speak to Dr. Matthew Church about possibly removing a natural tooth. Some situations include:
- Problematic wisdom teeth – wisdom teeth, or third molars, are known for being difficult because they are the last to erupt in the smile. They are so far back in the mouth that they are hard to brush and floss, putting patients at risk for periodontal disease and cavities. Additionally, they can become impacted and painful.
- Preparation for orthodontics – patients who are undergoing orthodontic treatment may need extractions due to overcrowding. When there are too many teeth and not enough space, extractions are often done to give room for realigning the smile accordingly.
CALL OUR OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATION
New Patients: (317) 333-6788
Existing Patients: (317) 890-4455
- Impaction – a tooth that has become impacted underneath the gum line is often removed during oral surgery.
- Severe decay or disease – when tooth decay or infection has occurred within a tooth, it may not be savable. In situations such as this, the tooth may be extracted and then replaced with an implant, denture, or dental bridge.
- Preparation for full dentures – in preparing for full dentures, teeth may be extracted.
Are you in need of extractions?
Dr. Matthew Church and the staff of Washington Street Dentistry provide patients with oral surgery procedures such as tooth extraction when necessary. If you are ready to discuss this with your dentist, call today at (317) 333-6788 to schedule an appointment at 10935 East Washington Street. The practice is equipped with today’s technology to ensure quality, comprehensive dental care for patients in and around the area of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Share this Article
Back to Extractions & Oral Surgery Page