Patients in Indianapolis ask, “Why should I get dental implants?”
If your smile is not at its best because of tooth loss and decay, dental implants may be a viable solution for you. Replacing the root of a missing tooth or teeth, titanium implants are small posts that are secured into the jawbone, and after several weeks of healing time, fuse to the bone. Once the implant is securely set, an extension post is inserted and topped with an artificial, natural looking tooth cap, called a crown.
Why get dental implants?
Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper oral hygiene and care, and have numerous benefits, including:
- Restoration of your smile, appearance, and confidence
- Look, feel, and function of normal, healthy, and permanent teeth
- Strengthening the bone structure for surrounding teeth that remain
- Surrounding teeth may be left intact
- Increased comfort when eating
- Enhanced speech
- Durability and stability
- Titanium material will not decay
Dr. Matthew Church, who established Washington Street Dentistry in 1998, is a doctor of dental surgery who specializes in dental implant surgery and cosmetic and restorative dentistry. As a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and a graduate of Misch International Implant Institute where he received advanced implant education, he works with his patients individually to create personalized treatment plans.
Dental implants work best for patients who:
- Have experienced the loss of one or more teeth
- Have fully grown jawbones that are strong enough to securely hold the implant, or
- May be appropriate candidates for bone graft
- Have no diseases or condition that prevent healing
- Have healthy gum and mouth tissue
- Do not wish to use dentures
- Have considered all other options and understand the minimal risks associated with oral surgery
- Are committed to a several month process to achieve ultimate goals
- Are willing to maintain proper oral hygiene and care
- Wish to improve their appearance and reclaim a higher quality of life
If you are ready to restore your smile and improve your oral health, call Washington Street Dentistry today at (317) 333-6788 for a comprehensive consultation. Washington Street Dentistry is located at 10935 East Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46299.