Who is a candidate for Invisalign treatment in Indianapolis, IN?
At Washington Street Dentistry, patients in the Indianapolis, IN area who are dealing with imperfectly aligned teeth may want to consider the advantages of treatment with orthodontics. Unfortunately, when patients think about orthodontics, they often decide not to move forward with treatment because they don’t want to cover their smile with metal brackets and wires. Thankfully, many of our patients are candidates for an alternative treatment known as Invisalign. Instead of metal covering the smile for months or years at a time, patients will achieve results with clear aligner trays that are practically invisible to others!
How does Invisalign work?
Patients can achieve a more attractive smile with Invisalign in a relatively shorter period. This is because Invisalign uses gentle forces from clear aligner trays, so patients can get the look they’ve always wanted! The clear trays are custom-made for individuals based off digitized impressions of their current smile and the way they want their smile to look afterwards. The trays are made in a series to be used in a specific order to gradually move teeth into proper alignment. When patients reach the end of their treatment, they will have a brand-new smile to share with the world!
Who is a candidate for Invisalign?
The best candidates for this treatment are patients who have mild to moderate misalignment. Invisalign is great for teenagers and adults who comply closely with treatment. This ensures that they achieve the results they desire within the timeframe quoted by Dr. Matthew Church.
Why choose Invisalign?
When patients think of traditional braces, they often have trouble seeing the benefits outside of achieving the smile they’ve wanted. Instead of using conventional orthodontia, patients can choose Invisalign. There are benefits that they may not have even considered when compared to more traditional braces. For examples, Invisalign is:
- Most patients will notice that Invisalign treatment is comparable in cost to traditional braces, making it an attainable solution for men, women, and teenagers.
- The results are achieved in approximately one year or less, depending on the severity of misalignment.
- Many patients don’t want to smile and deal with “metal mouth,” which is what makes Invisalign a viable and “clear” alternative. The aligner trays are practically indistinguishable when patients wear them.
- Because Invisalign trays are made with smooth plastic, they are extremely comfortable. Patients don’t have to deal with brackets and wires poking and irritating the gum tissues, the tongue, or even the soft tissues of the mouth. It also eliminates the use of wax to achieve better comfort.
- Better for oral health. With traditional braces, it can be difficult for patients to clean their teeth after every meal with brushing and flossing. With Invisalign, patients can take off their aligner trays and brush and floss as usual. This can greatly improve oral health and wellness over time and reduce the risk of dental decay and gum disease.
- Easy to use. Patients find that progressing through the trays is simple to follow. Each tray is worn for two weeks, after which, patients then move on to the next tray in the series. By the end of treatment, patients will enjoy a more beautiful smile achieved gradually over time.
Because Invisalign has many benefits, patients find that it is a better solution for their misalignment. Plus, with Invisalign, patients get to visit the dentist they already know and trust instead of receiving a referral.
Indianapolis, IN area patients should book an appointment with Dr. Matthew Church
Patients who want to take great pride in their smile and improve the alignment of their teeth are welcome to ask the team at Washington Street Dentistry about the benefits of using Invisalign therapy. Invisalign can change smiles – and lives – with just a few months of treatment! Contact the office to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign by calling (317) 333-6788 and visiting the office conveniently located at 10932 East Washington Street. We encourage patients to book a consultation visit and find out more about this and other cosmetic dentistry treatments available.