Dentistry for kids in the Indianapolis area
At Washington Street Dentistry, we assist patients of all ages. We help the youngest child to the eldest senior. Dr. Matthew Church of Indianapolis, Indiana is here to provide a wide variety of services that can be specially adapted for the youngest of patients!
Dentistry for Kids
Our dental office is equipped with the latest technologies to assist in a myriad of dental conditions. From a simple cleaning to an extensive filling or restorative work, our team is experienced in the best techniques to achieve desired results. Below is a small sampling of the procedures offered for children in our practice:
- Dental cleanings – it is important for children to have a cleaning done every six months to remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria.
- Dental crowns – children’s teeth still need to be protected if broken. Our dental facility offers crowns that cover a tooth and add an extra layer of strength.
- Dental bonding – cosmetic concerns may be easily addressed with composite resin bonding. This method covers imperfections with a material that closely resembles the appearance of natural tooth enamel.
- Endodontic therapy – also known as root canal treatment, this procedure can assist when a tooth has become infected. It is a way to restore the tooth and avoid extraction.
- Dental fillings – when cavities occur, fillings are necessary to replace the damaged area. The decay is removed, the filling is placed, and children are educated on how to care for their smiles to avoid the development of more cavities on their teeth.
- Sealants – the grooves of the teeth may be difficult to clean well will a toothbrush, so having a sealant placed on the teeth can help in preventing cavities. This coating seals the indentations that are present in the teeth and make it easier for children to keep their smile healthy with regular brushing and flossing.