5 Tips for denture care from your Indianapolis dental health team
Dentures, either full or partial, provide a great solution for missing teeth. This form of care has been around for well over a century and has experienced improvements as dental technologies have advanced. Today, dentures look more natural than they ever have, and they can fit much better, as well, through the use of careful planning and upkeep. Good denture care, as we discuss with our Indianapolis patients, involves more than just cleaning the removable appliance.
Back to Dentures Home Page
- Handling is an important aspect of denture care. Replacement teeth are an investment and need to be handled with care. When cleaning dentures, do so over a soft towel rather than the sink. A dropped denture can very easily crack or break. Cleansers and brushes used to clean dentures should also be very gentle so as not to cause abrasion or other damage. When dentures are taken out, they must be placed in a safe area away from children and pets.
- Give dentures a break. If you must sleep with dentures in, take them out at a more convenient time to give underlying tissues the opportunity to recover from constant wear. This is a great time to soak dentures in cleansing solution appropriate for the appliance.
- Cleaning dentures is vital to fresh breath and oral health. A denture, just like natural teeth, can harbor unhealthy bacteria in plaque and tartar. Dentures can be gently cleaned (over a soft towel) using gentle cleanser and soft bristled toothbrush. Dentures should be cleaned front and back. If bacteria accumulates in the underside of the denture, which sits on the gums, irritation or infection may occur.
- Oral hygiene remains an important part of health even if you wear dentures. Gum care is as simple as cleaning with a soft cloth or very soft toothbrush. Individuals who wear a partial denture should continue to brush and floss daily as needed to avoid gum disease and other infection.
- Professional dental care should be maintained whether you have all of your natural teeth or none. Your dentist performs a thorough examination of oral structures and can help you determine if changes are needed to your home care routine. Denture wearers also benefit from ongoing care through which the fit of dentures is managed.
- What is the cost of partial dentures for patients near the area of Indianapolis, IN
- Denture implants from Indianapolis dentist can improve the appearance of your smile
- Patients in the Indianapolis area get same-day dentures
- Where can Indianapolis area patients obtain affordable dentures?
- Not your grandfather's dentures: Indianapolis patients benefit from natural-looking dentures
- Indianapolis dentist offers affordable solutions for tooth loss, including dentures
- Indianapolis dentist provides restorative dentistry, including dentures
- Indianapolis dentist discusses the role of dentures in restoring missing teeth
- Indianapolis dentist offers several types of tooth loss solutions, including dentures
- Partial dentures may be the best choice for some Indianapolis patients
- 5 Tips for denture care from your Indianapolis dental health team
- Best practices in living with dentures after Indianapolis treatment
- When is it time to visit your dentist in Indianapolis, IN for dentures?
- Affordable tooth replacement with dentures in Indianapolis keeps you smiling
- Dentures from your Indianapolis dentist can restore function and much more
- Replacing teeth with custom dentures from your Indianapolis, IN dentist restores confidence
Back to Dentures Home Page